TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATIONS
Arrival & Departure
Mandatory check-in is on Sunday, May 20, 2018.
- Optional Pre-Institute Workshop check-in is 8:00 – 9:00 am. We advise Pre-Institute participants to arrive in Bloomington on May 19.
- Institute check-in is 12:45 – 1:45 pm. If flying, we advise you to schedule your flight to arrive in Indianapolis by 11:00 am.
Departures should be scheduled for the afternoon of Wednesday, May 23, 2018. It is strongly recommended that flights depart after 4:00pm due to road construction traffic.
Domestic and International Participants: Most participants will find that traveling to Indiana University through Indianapolis International Airport is most convenient.
Airport: Indianapolis International Airport
Airport Symbol: IND
Location: 50 miles (93 kilometers) north of Bloomington, Indiana
Travel time: At minimun, the travel time to and from the airport is 1 hour. With current construction, this could be 1.5 hours or more.
There is extensive construction on Highway 37, which is the main thruway between Indianapolis and Bloomington. For updates on this construction visit: http://bit.ly/construction37
- Multiple drop-off and pick-up locations on campus and area hotels
- Advance reservations recommended
- Reservations: On-line at: www.goexpresstravel.com
- Phone: 800.589.6004 or 812.332.6004
- Door-to-door service from airport to any location in Bloomington
- Advance reservations required
- Reservations: On-line at: www.classictouchlimo.com
- Phone: 800.319.0082 or 812.339.7269, select “reservations”
Car Rental: Most major car rental companies
Accommodation Suggestions and Discounts for ICCI Participants
Negotiated rates for lodging: Accommodation Listing 2018
IU AND THE INSTITUTE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR MISSING OR DAMAGED PROPERTY.
I was especially glad to have met with and discussed the program's objectives with educators from other institutions and disciplines.ICCI participant