TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATIONS
Arrival & Departure
Mandatory check-in is on Sunday, May 20, 2018.
- Optional Pre-Institute Workshop check-in is 8:00 – 9:00 am. We advise Pre-Institute participants to arrive in Bloomington on May 19.
- Institute check-in is 12:45 – 1:45 pm. If flying, we advise you to schedule your flight to arrive in Indianapolis by 11:00 am.
Departures should be scheduled for the afternoon of Wednesday, May 23, 2018. It is strongly recommended that flights depart after 4:00pm due to road construction traffic.
Domestic and International Participants: Most participants will find that traveling to Indiana University through Indianapolis International Airport is most convenient.
Airport: Indianapolis International Airport
Airport Symbol: IND
Location: 50 miles (93 kilometers) north of Bloomington, Indiana
Travel time: At minimun, the travel time to and from the airport is 1 hour. With current construction, this could be 1.5 hours or more.
- Multiple drop-off and pick-up locations on campus and area hotels
- Advance reservations recommended
- Reservations: On-line at: www.goexpresstravel.com
- Phone: 800.589.6004 or 812.332.6004
- Door-to-door service from airport to any location in Bloomington
- Advance reservations required
- Reservations: On-line at: www.classictouchlimo.com
- Phone: 800.319.0082 or 812.339.7269, select “reservations”
Car Rental: Most major car rental companies
Accommodation Suggestions and Discounts for ICCI Participants
Negotiated rates for lodging: Accommodation Listing 2018
IU AND THE INSTITUTE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR MISSING OR DAMAGED PROPERTY.
I was especially glad to have met with and discussed the program's objectives with educators from other institutions and disciplines.ICCI participant