All travel and housing costs are the responsibility of the participant. The following information is subject to change.
Mandatory check-in is on Sunday.
- Optional Pre-Institute Workshop check-in is 8:00 – 9:00 am. We advise Pre-Institute participants to arrive in Bloomington on Saturday.
- Institute check-in is 12:45 – 1:45 pm. If flying, we advise you to schedule your flight to arrive in Indianapolis no later than 11:00 am.
Departures should be scheduled for Wednesday afternoon. It is strongly recommended that flights depart after 4:00pm.
Domestic and International Participants: Most participants will find that traveling to Indiana University through Indianapolis International Airport is most convenient.
Airport: Indianapolis International Airport
Airport Symbol: IND
Location: 50 miles (93 kilometers) north of Bloomington, Indiana
Travel time: At a minimum, the travel time to and from the airport is 1 hour. With current construction, this could be 1.5 hours or more.
There is extensive construction on Highway 37, which is the main thruway between Indianapolis and Bloomington. For updates on this construction visit: bit.ly/driving37
- Multiple drop-off and pick-up locations on campus and area hotels
- Advance reservations recommended
- Reservations: On-line at: www.goexpresstravel.com
- Phone: 800.589.6004 or 812.332.6004
- Door-to-door service from airport to any location in Bloomington
- Advance reservations required
- Reservations: On-line at: www.classictouchlimo.com
- Phone: 800.319.0082 or 812.339.7269, select “reservations”
Car Rental: Most major car rental companies
IU and the Institute assume no responsibility for missing or damaged property.
Accommodation Suggestions and Discounts for ICCI Participants
Biddle Hotel & Conference Center
To book the Biddle Hotel, please feel free to call and reserve these accommodations or visit their website here. Be sure to mention that you're attending the ICCI at Indiana University and use the following block code for the conference rate: ICCI23.
Grant St. Inn
To book the Grant St. Inn, please feel free to call and reserve these accommodations or visit their website here. Be sure to mention that you're attending the ICCI at Indiana University.
To book the The Graduate, please feel free to call and reserve these accommodations or visit their website here. Be sure to mention that you're attending the ICCI at Indiana University.
There are also many other places to stay in Bloomington. The Monroe County Visitors Bureau has a listing of local hotels at www.visitbloomington.com.
I was especially glad to have met with and discussed the program's objectives with educators from other institutions and disciplines.ICCI participant